Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) Check and SAFIS Fingerprinting
How to get your CORI Check and Fingerprinting
It's easier that it seems and is truly worth it.
CORI Check Form can be filled out and returned to school. Forms need to be updated every 3 years.
SAFIS (Fingerprinting requirements)
The requirement is to have volunteers fingerprinted in a statewide regulated effort to increase school security. The fee is approximately $50 and the closest fingerprinting locations include Boston, East Boston, Everett, Randolph, and Somerville. You can schedule it online here or call (866) 349-8130 for more information.
For additional help navigating the SAFIS appointment website see below.
Navigating the SAFIS appointment website:
- Visit https://www.identogo.com/locations/massachusetts
- Scroll down and click Digital Fingerprinting
- Click Register for In-State Digital Fingerprinting Services (Live Scan)
- From Agency/Sector drop down select Pre-K-12th Grade Education (ESE) and click Go.
- Click Yes to confirm your selected agency
- For volunteers applicant type is All Other School Personnel
- Click Continue to acknowledge the single enrollment confirmation screen.
- Enter 02430000 in the Provider ID and click Add Provider.
- Confirm that Quincy | 34 Coddington Street has been selected and click Save and Continue.
- Enter a zip code to get a list of location and click Go.
- Scroll to a location then click Schedule on the date you would like to schedule your appointment.
- Select a time for your appointment and click Continue.
- Enter your date of birth and click go
- Read through the consent form and if you accept to the terms and conditions, check the I am 18 years of age… and then click Go.
- Complete the applicant form and click Submit.