Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) Check and SAFIS Fingerprinting
How to get your CORI Check and Fingerprinting
It's easier that it seems and is truly worth it.
CORI Check Form can be filled out and returned to school. Forms need to be updated every 3 years.
SAFIS (Fingerprinting requirements)
The requirement is to have volunteers fingerprinted in a statewide regulated effort to increase school security. The fee is $35 and the recommended location is in Hingham MA. You can schedule it online here or call (866) 349-8130 for more information.
For additional help Navigating the SAFIS appointment website see below. Thank you!
Navigating the SAFIS appointment website:
- Visit https://www.identogo.com/locations/massachusetts
- Scroll down and click Digital Fingerprinting
- Click Schedule a New Appointment
- From Agency/Sector drop down select Pre-K-12th Grade Education (ESE)
- For volunteers applicant type is “All Other School Personnel”
- Enter QPS Provider ID 02430000
- Enter a zip code to get a list of location
Hingham has been the closest location to Squantum and they have Saturday appointments. There are multiple locations in the region. A different location near work could be more convenient for you.
- On the location that works for you choose a day or click Next Week to see more dates
- On your location row “Click to Schedule” to select an available time
- Check the appropriate acknowledgement box
- Fill in the Applicant information and select Send
- Verify all your information
- Fill out Payment Collection (as of 9/7/17 cost is $35 for volunteers)
- The majority of appointments take only 5 to 10 minutes. Missing an appointment may result in losing your payment.
- After your appointment bring in a copy* of your receipt and complete a CORI form at the Squantum School office. You will need your driver’s license for the CORI form.
*It is strongly recommended you keep a copy of your receipt.